Costal Motocross Club
Coastal Motocross Club, featured on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/coastalmotocrossclub/, is a dynamic venue known for hosting exhilarating competitions, catering primarily to experienced riders. A track that holds a lot of competitions and is for more experienced riders
For those eager to delve into the motocross scene, the club offers two distinct tracks:
- The Main Track: Tailored for senior riders and juniors over the age of 7.
- The Nipper Track: Specifically designed for novice riders or those under 7, dedicated to practice sessions without timed racing.
Various events take place at Coastal Motocross Club, including:
- Race Days: The club organizes an annual series where participants accumulate points throughout each race.
- State Series Racing: CMXC hosts one round of the Tasmanian state series annually.
- Practice Days: Occasional sessions, supervised by accredited volunteers, are announced on the CMXC Facebook page.
- Private Training Events: The track is available for hire for exclusive training sessions.
Safety is a top priority, with specific requirements for both bikes and riders:
- Brakes in working condition
- Intact brake and clutch levers
- Plugged bar ends
- Well-maintained chain, sprockets, and tires
- No loose spokes and sound wheel bearings
- General mechanical integrity
- Clear race numbers on race days
- Off-road motorcycle boots
- Approved motorcycle helmet
- Long-sleeve shirt
- Sturdy trousers
- Knee guards (required)
- Body armor, neck braces, and elbow guards (recommended)
Membership is mandatory for all riders, with details available at https://www.cmxc.com.au/memberships. Day memberships and licenses are also offered for those interested in trying racing for a single day.
Race day timing employs Mylaps Transponders, which can be hired for inclusion in results. For those aspiring to race, the club's calendar of events, along with the Tasmanian calendar, can be found at https://www.cmxc.com.au/calendar and https://www.mtas.org.au/riders/calendar/ respectively.
This overview serves as a guide, and individuals are encouraged to explore the comprehensive rules and regulations provided by Coastal Motocross Club (CMXC), an affiliated entity with Motorcycling Australia (MA), at https://www.ma.org.au/.
Club Contact: Nick Grey