For the young dirt bike riders
KTM 50 SX is designed for young riders, typically between the ages of 4 to 10 years. These bikes mimic the bikes of their older siblings and even dads, but at the same time, it is comfortable enough for them to ride and control easily. This way, the riders can accompany their family on dirt bike trips and races and at the same time, get a hands-on feel of dirt bike riding that could even possibly prepare them for a career in motocross.
Since these bikes are designed for young riders, they are made of top-quality components. Also, they offer a steady power that is controllable for kids of this age, to make it a fun experience not only for the child but also for the parents accompanying them.
It also has many features like an automatic clutch, adjustable suspension, and cool graphics to enthuse young riders to try their hand in this sport. With such convenient features, this bike undoubtedly sets the bar high in the 50 cc category.
- It provides maximum possible performance with a high-performance cylinder, exhaust pipe, and reed intake system.
- The frame is modern and lightweight. It is prepared by high-strength Chromalloy steel profiles that tend to last for a long time.
- The frame provides high levels of stability with its top-quality components and precise engineering.
- The handlebar is made from an aluminium alloy with a bend to suit small hands. In addition, a slide pad is also there that protects the handlebar in the event of contact. A vulcanized grip on the right-hand side and a lock-on grip on the left add to the comfort and handling as well.
- The graphics are modern with an aggressive style that looks attractive to young riders.
2021 KTM 50 SX Specs
- Engine: 2-stroke and one cylinder
- Displacement: 49
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Induction: Reed-valve
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Starter – Kickstarter
- Transmission – Single-speed and automatic
- Clutch – Centrifugal clutch that is also adjustable
- Brakes – 160mm on the front and the rear. Both are disc brakes.
- Front Suspension – XACT WP Upside-Down fork, of 35 mm
- Rear Suspension – XACT WP mono-shock absorber
- Weight – 41.5 kg
- Seat height – 684mm
- Frame design – Central tube type 25CrMo4 steel frame
- Chain – 1/2 x 3/16″
- Ground clearance – 252 mm
- Fuel capacity – 2.3 litres
Images were sourced from KTM.