For the aspiring racers
KTM 85 SX 17/14 is sure to give your 7 to 10-year-olds a hands-on feel of the world of motocross fun. It can be a great way to kindle their interest in motocross racing and even aspire to become a pro if they wish. Of course, this also gives the flexibility to go on long dirt bike trails for some family fun.
At the first look, you will notice a striking similarity with the big KTM bike range, and for a good reason too. It is designed to be inspiring for kids to take motocross, both for fun now and professionally later on by emulating their favourite bike riders and heroes.
At the same time, this kids motorbike bike comes with a host of safety features like a new transmission drive shaft to enhance safety. In addition, the muffler has been adapted with wool packaging to bring down the overall weight and to make it more suitable for young kids.
85 SX 17/14 Top Features
- Looks similar to the big-sized KTM rage of bikes and this is sure to inspire young kids to race to the top.
- The wool packing reduces the weight of the bike by 40g.
- The airbox makes it easy for the rider to change the air filter without requiring complicated tools and expertise.
- The diaphragm spring clutch is relatively compact.
- The crankshaft has shafts that are close to the centre of gravity.
- The air spring design makes the bike easy to adjust and manoeuvre on rough terrains.
- The power valve system increases the torque and gives better control to the riders.
2021 KTM 85 SX 17/14 Specs (Specifications)
- Engine: 2-stroke
- Displacement: 84.9
- Stroke: 48.95
- Induction: Reed-valve
- Bore: 47mm
- Starter – Kickstarter
- Transmission – six -speed
- Clutch – Wet and multi-disc clutch with formula hydraulics
- Brakes – 240mm on the front and 220mm on the rear. Both are disc brakes.
- Front Suspension – XACT WP Upside-Down fork, of 43 mm
- Rear Suspension – WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Weight – 67 kg
- Seat height – 865mm
- Frame design – Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Chain – 1/2 x 5/16″
- Ground clearance – 336 mm
- Fuel capacity – 5.2 litres
Images sourced from KTM.